What is the Golden Cross Foundation?
A self-sustaining funding and support agency for older adult ministries in the Tennessee Annual Conference endorsed by the Tennessee Conference Council on Connectional Ministries.
What are the funding sources for this expanded older
adult ministry initiative?
- An initial seed gift of $50,000 by the McKendree Village Foundation from available funds announced at 2012 annual conference
- A dollar for dollar match of every gift to the Golden Cross Foundation in 2013 by the McKendree Village Foundation from available funds up to a maximum of $50,000 during 2013
- Funds raised by the new Golden Cross Foundation exclusively used for conference older adult ministries
How is the Golden Cross Foundation be governed?
The Golden Cross Foundation is a non-profit corporation that is governed by a Board of Directors representing each district in the annual conference? The Board of Directors is elected by the Tennessee Annual Conference in its annual meeting.
How does the Golden Cross Foundation relate to the Tennessee Annual Conference?
- The Golden Cross Foundation is an extension ministry of the Tennessee Annual Conference.
- The Golden Cross Foundation presents an annual report with complete financials to the annual conference session in June of each year.
- Board of Directors nominees are approved each year at annual conference following the conference nominations process.